Squonking is a vaping style that involves using a device with a built-in squeeze bottle that feeds e-liquid to an atomizer, usually a rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA), through a hollow 510 pin. This allows users to enjoy the flavor and vapor production of RDAs without having to drip manually.
One of the most popular and affordable squonk devices on the market is the Vandy Vape Pulse BF series, which is designed in collaboration with Tony B., a well-known YouTube reviewer. In this guide, we will take a look at the different models of the Pulse BF series, their features, pros and cons, and how to use them.
What is the Vandy Vape Pulse BF Series?
The Vandy Vape Pulse BF series is a collection of squonk devices that vary in size, power, and functionality. They all share some common characteristics, such as:
- An 8ml or 7ml silicone bottle that is easy to squeeze and refill
- A spring-loaded 510 connector that supports bottom-feeding atomizers
- Interchangeable resin or metal panels that add style and customization
- A simple and ergonomic design that fits comfortably in the hand
- A compatible RDA that matches the mod and delivers great performance
The Pulse BF series includes both mechanical and regulated mods, as well as pod systems, that cater to different preferences and needs of squonk lovers. Here is a brief overview of each model:
- Pulse BF Kit: A mechanical squonk mod with a single 18650 or 20700 battery option. It comes with the Pulse 24 BF RDA, a dual-coil atomizer with a postless deck and a bottom-feeding pin1
- Pulse 80W BF Box Mod: A regulated squonk mod with a single 18650 or 20700 battery option. It features a proprietary chipset that supports up to 80W of power, temperature control, and customizable curve modes. It has a 0.91 inch OLED screen and interchangeable resin panels2
- Pulse X BF RDA: An upgraded version of the Pulse 24 BF RDA, with a larger and more innovative X-shaped build deck that allows for vertical and horizontal coil placement. It also has a unique top squonk system that distributes e-liquid evenly over the coils. It has a 2ml juice well and adjustable side airflow3
- Pulse X BF Kit: A combination of the Pulse 80W BF Box Mod and the Pulse X BF RDA, with a matching resin panel and drip tip. It also includes a special 30ml silicone refilling bottle for convenient squonking3
- Pulse Dual Kit: A dual-battery regulated squonk mod that supports up to 220W of power, temperature control, and customizable curve modes. It has a 7ml silicone bottle and a 0.96 inch OLED screen. It comes with the Pulse V2 RDA, a versatile atomizer that has three different airflow rings and a floating deck design1
- Pulse V2 95W Mod: A single-battery regulated squonk mod that supports up to 95W of power, temperature control, and customizable curve modes. It has a 8.5ml silicone bottle and a 0.91 inch OLED screen. It features a waterproof chipset and a bottom fill system1
- Pulse AIO Kit: An all-in-one squonk pod system that has a 5ml refillable pod and a 900mAh built-in battery. It has a 0.69 inch OLED screen and adjustable wattage from 5W to 30W. It comes with two types of coils: a 0.6ohm mesh coil and a 1.2ohm ceramic coil. It also has a compatible RBA pod for DIY enthusiasts
- Pulse AIO.5 Kit: A smaller version of the Pulse AIO Kit, with a 3.5ml refillable pod and a 700mAh built-in battery. It has a 0.49 inch OLED screen and adjustable wattage from 5W to 25W. It comes with the same coil options as the Pulse AIO Kit1
- Pulse AIO Mini Kit: A compact version of the Pulse AIO Kit, with a 2ml refillable pod and a 500mAh built-in battery. It has a 0.42 inch OLED screen and adjustable wattage from 5W to 20W. It comes with the same coil options as the Pulse AIO Kit1
- Pulse AIO Mini Kit (M): A metal version of the Pulse AIO Mini Kit, with a more durable and elegant design. It has the same specifications and features as the Pulse AIO Mini Kit1
- Pulse V3 Mod: A single-battery regulated squonk mod that supports up to 100W of power, temperature control, and customizable curve modes. It has a 10ml silicone bottle and a 0.96 inch TFT color screen. It features a waterproof chipset and a bottom fill system. It has a sleek and ergonomic design with a fire button on the side.
- Pulse AIO V2 Kit: An upgraded version of the Pulse AIO Kit, with a 6ml refillable pod and a 1100mAh built-in battery. It has a 0.96 inch TFT color screen and adjustable wattage from 5W to 40W. It comes with three types of coils: a 0.3ohm mesh coil, a 0.8ohm mesh coil, and a 1.2ohm ceramic coil. It also has a compatible RBA pod for DIY enthusiasts. It has a more ergonomic and stylish design with a fire button on the front1
As you can see, the Vandy Vape Pulse BF series has something for everyone, whether you are looking for a simple and reliable mechanical mod, a powerful and versatile regulated mod, or a convenient and portable pod system. In the following sections, we will go into more detail about each model, their pros and cons, and how to use them.
How to Use the Vandy Vape Pulse BF Series
The Vandy Vape Pulse BF series is easy to use, but there are some tips and tricks that can help you get the most out of your device. Here are some general steps to follow when using any of the Pulse BF models:
- Charge your battery or batteries before using them. You can use an external charger or a USB cable, depending on the model. Make sure to use the correct battery type and size for your device.
- Fill your silicone bottle with your favorite e-liquid. You can use the included refilling bottle or a syringe to make the process easier. Do not overfill the bottle, as this may cause leaking or flooding.
- Install your atomizer on the mod and make sure it is compatible with squonking. You can use the included RDA or any other bottom-feeding atomizer that has a 510 connection. Make sure the atomizer is securely attached and aligned with the mod.
- Build your coils and wick your atomizer. You can use the included coils and cotton or your own materials. Make sure to check the resistance and the position of your coils before using them. You can use an ohm meter or a regulated mod to do this. Also, make sure to leave enough space for the e-liquid to flow through the wicks.
- Prime your coils and wicks. You can do this by dripping some e-liquid on the coils and wicks, or by squonking some e-liquid from the bottle. This will help prevent dry hits and improve the flavor and vapor production.
- Adjust your settings and airflow. Depending on the model, you can adjust the wattage, temperature, or curve mode to suit your preference. You can also adjust the airflow on the atomizer to get a tighter or looser draw. Experiment with different settings and airflow until you find your sweet spot.
- Enjoy your vape. You can fire the device by pressing the fire button or inhaling, depending on the model. You can squonk more e-liquid by squeezing the bottle gently. Do not squonk too much or too often, as this may cause leaking or flooding. You can also check the battery level, the e-liquid level, and other information on the screen, if your device has one.
These are the basic steps to use the Vandy Vape Pulse BF series. However, each model has some specific features and functions that you should be aware of. In the next sections, we will review each model in more detail and highlight their pros and cons.
Pulse BF Kit Review
The Pulse BF Kit is the first and simplest model of the Pulse BF series. It is a mechanical squonk mod that has no wires, chips, or screens. It relies on the direct connection between the battery and the atomizer, which means that the output power depends on the battery level and the resistance of the coil.
The Pulse BF Kit comes with the Pulse 24 BF RDA, a dual-coil atomizer that has a postless deck and a bottom-feeding pin. The RDA has a 24mm diameter and a 2ml juice well. It has adjustable side airflow and a wide bore resin drip tip.
The Pulse BF Kit is ideal for vapers who want a simple and reliable squonk device that delivers a raw and satisfying vape. However, it also requires some knowledge.
- Simple and reliable mechanical squonk mod
- Compatible with 18650 and 20700 batteries
- Interchangeable resin or metal panels
- 8ml silicone bottle with easy refilling
- Pulse 24 BF RDA with postless deck and bottom-feeding pin
- Adjustable side airflow and wide bore resin drip tip
- Great flavor and vapor production
- No safety features or protections
- No wattage or temperature control
- No screen or battery indicator
- Output power depends on battery level and coil resistance
- Requires knowledge and experience with ohm’s law and battery safety
- May not be suitable for beginners or advanced users who want more options
The Pulse BF Kit is a good choice for vapers who like a simple and satisfying squonk experience. However, it also has some limitations and risks that you should be aware of. If you are interested in buying the Pulse BF Kit, you can find it online for around $40.